Thursday, September 20, 2007

Today's the day

My turn to be "good" today (or is it "perfect?" I forget.). I've actually been pretty good all week--got to the gym both Monday and Wednesday, been eating pretty well all week. Yesterday I had a piece of birthday cake at work for a woman's birthday, but other than that I've stuck to healthy, low-fat, low-calorie, blah, blah, blah.

So tell me this--why has my weight gone steadily UP since Tuesday? I was resigned to watching the weight go up when I wasn't exercising much and was eating junk without any limits on my consumption, but it looked like my weight was doing well from last week to this with my new good behavior, but since Tuesday's weigh in, I've gone up each day--140.6 on Wednesday and 141.2 today! Not fair!

Anyway, today's challenge will be to get my 30 minutes of exercise. Thursdays aren't my ususal exercise day, and I don't have a lunch break today (meeting with the contractor instead) so I'll have to do something tonight. Pilates is the obvious choice. That's a habit I really need to get back into!

And it's a good thing I didn't include "get enough sleep" on my list of required "good day" activities--Connor had me up at 4 a.m., and if I exercise tonight that means I won't get to bed early tonight to make up for it.

No comments: