Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Not losing any toes this week

I was 139.8 this morning. Not as low as I'd like (which would be about another nine pounds down!) but a respectable amount down from last week (1.5 pounds, roughly) and the week before, and I think it's "real" weight loss and not weird fluctuation. Oh, and it's below 140, which is also nice.

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty o.k. day for me. I kept my calorie intake to 1400, although I substituted two Berger cookies for my almonds in the morning and yogurt in the afternoon. I told Brian that all I had to do was take a vitamin and a spoonful of Metamucil to make up for it because the calorie count is the same. He said rationalization is the second most important thing in life, right after oxygen. He's probably right. But I exercised and flossed and took my vitamin. I fell short on the fruits and vegetables--I only had four servings instead of five.

On a totally unrelated note, we just found out (like five minutes ago, right after starting this email) that we got our NSF grant--$549,272! Woo-hoo! Pity I can't buy some candy corn to celebrate.

No comments: