Saturday, September 15, 2007

My goals for a perfect day

I'm not really expecting today to be perfect, just better than average. But I consider it a very good day if:
  1. I get some cardio exercise, plus weight training if I'm due for it.
  2. I drink no alcohol.
  3. I avoid sweets (particularly chocolate and candy corn!!), instead eating fruit for snacks.
  4. I avoid chips, which I don't really even like that much, instead eating almonds for the satisfaction of something crunchy. Better if they're toasted almonds without salt instead of the oddly cheaper dry roasted Emerald Nuts almonds with yummy seasonings.
  5. I keep my calorie intake reasonable -- maybe 1500. I aim for 1200 which means I end up at 1500ish.
So that's what I'm trying to do today. I still need to plan some exercise, and I haven't yet touched the candy corn but it sure is being loud when it calls my name so it's hard to ignore. Sheesh.

Yesterday was only a so-so day. We did get exercise even though our evening was pretty busy, but then we went to a paella party where I had two helpings (it was SO good) and a beer and a tiny wedge of cheesecake. When we came home I ate some chips but it was near the end of the bag, so they were so oily I couldn't stand them and I quit. I also ate a couple of pieces of Alexander's huge Toblerone (which he doesn't care for so I've been stealing it) and a bunch of candy corn. Sigh. Today my weight was at 148.5, though; it has been hovering between 148 and 149.5 this week but seems to like the higher numbers better. We shall see if I can make it to Tuesday with a decent weight!

No comments: