Monday, September 17, 2007

Perfect Day Plan

I like this perfect day concept... I haven't HAD one so far (and I blame the existance of candy corn for that!). I have been a lot more aware of my short comings... It really makes me realize that even when I am TRYING to be good, I am not really being all that good.


So - tomorrow is my perfect day, right? I am practicing today. So far I have had one meal (early lunch - burrito bol at Chipotle - rice, beans, salasa, meat, cheese, lettuce, and guacamole - and sour cream, a little bit). I ate about half of it - so I will have the other half for tomorrow's lunch. And one snack (grapes - I had them around 10am when I would normally eat breakfast, but I realized it was only 1.5 hours until my scheduled lunch and so didn't want to eat it then...). I took my vitamins both this morning and with my meal... Just like I am supposed to. I almost flossed this morning - but I remembered that today wasn't my perfect day so I didn't HAVE to, so I didn't. I will figure it out eventually... Katie and I are planning to go to the gym this evening. And I finished one bottle of water and about another 8 oz - so 24 so far today. I will drink more now.

I am feeling hungry again. Actually - it is weird hunger. I still feel full from lunch, but I am having hunger pangs also. That seems odd to me. But maybe I will eat a banana and see if that does the trick. Hey! Maybe this is how I am SUPPOSED to feel. I didn't over eat for lunch. Maybe what I am feeling is just plain hunger - and I just am not used to it. Hummmm. If I eat a banana that will count as a healthy snack! Yay me!

Emily, I don't know how you do it! It is SO hard for me when I am around the house over the weekend. It doesn't matter if I want to our not, I am somehow compelled to eat as much candy corn as I possibly can. I can put it away, make it difficult to get to, brush my teeth multiple times and I STILL can't keep out of it. Sigh.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Having kids around really does wonders for your self control! I can't get into candy (or really anything) if one of the kids is up because then I'd have to share, and I wouldn't want to do THAT! Plus, candy corn and lots of other goodies I like to indulge in aren't peanut safe, so while *I* can eat them, Claire can't and I feel bad about that so I wait until she's in bed to dig in.

Emily said...

And I DO get into the candy corn! But the kids told me when we first bought it that they can get into it if they catch me getting into it, so I have to be very careful. That's the only reason it takes me two days to get through a bag instead of just one!!