Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm not perfect, no I'm not.

No one will get that reference except Emily.

I'm not sure how to rate my weekend. Saturday I ate crap, but not much of it. And I painted the bathroom, which kept me moving (and sweating) for longer than usual on a Saturday. Yesterday was the Grand Prix at work. My job is photographer's assistant, which means I spent the entire day (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) walking and walking and walking. I wish I had worn my pedometer! A woman in the business office, who didn't do nearly the walking I did, said that she hit over 10,000 steps on her pedometer. And then I got home from the Grand Prix and took Davey for a walk (2.5 miles). So I was super-active all day, but I also ate to make up for it--normal cereal for breakfast, but then I had two meals at the Grand Prix (hot dog and soda and two cookies; spinach salad, melon, steamed carrots, turkey, roll, piece of cake, beer) and then came home and make pork chops, zucchini, and rice/tomatoes/beans/corn for dinner. By then I really was full an only had half portions for dinner. But I don't even want to count my calories for the day.

And today is supposed to be my "good" day and I think at this point it just isn't going to happen. I started out well--oatmeal for breakfast, almonds for snack. But then our department director took the whole department out for lunch as a thank you for yesterday's work. I had a chicken bruchetta salad and didn't skip the bread as I promised myself I would. And then I came back and had a leftover cookie. And since I went out for lunch, I can't take time to go to the gym later. So I'm thinking that a) I'll have to do tomorrow as my make-up "good" day and b) my weight probably won't be so great tomorrow. I've been hovering in the 139.6 to 140.6 range (which is frustrating since I was really consistently good all last week and exercised a lot, including adding in work on the weight machines on Friday at the gym! I should have been down to 139 even, or lower, by Saturday morning) and thought that if I stuck to good behavior today, I could at least weight in at last week's weight tomorrow, but I'm thinking that probably won't happen now.

No comments: