Thursday, September 13, 2007

My good day

I managed to stick to my good habits yesterday, with only one planned indulgence (popcorn in the evening, one of the mini bags). I didn't count my calories as I used to, but just judging from what I remember from when I religiously counted calories, I probably had about 1400 yesterday. It was my usual food during the day--cereal, coffee, almonds, string cheese, pretzles, a pear, and yogurt. I had grapes when I got home from work instead of overeating junk (and Claire had helpfully polished off the Hershey's Kisses, greedy pig-dog that she is). Dinner was pasta with ham and peas and green beans, milk to drink. Definitely NOT enough fruits and vegetables in my diet, but there never are. Oh, and I remembered to take a vitamin, something I almost never do but really should. I also went to the gym and sweated profusely; not sure why. I usually don't sweat that much. I was having problems with my knees/shins/ankles on the treadmill--this has been gradually getting worse over the past few weeks, and I think it's just time for a new pair of shoes. Anyway, after 15 minutes on the treadmill I stopped and finished up on the elliptical machine since it's not so jarring but gives the same workout.

I need to take a day off to sleep. This week has been particularly sleepless--two nights with Connor just not sleeping (one night he was up until 2:30, and last night he woke up at 3:00, and both times he wanted to PLAY with me instead of leaving me alone to doze on the sofa while he destroyed the house. He likes to play speech therapy, where he says some complicated nonsense thing and I have to repeat it back to him exactly and he'll keep making me do it until I get it right. It's like trying to repeat sentences in Arabic. It's very frustrating until you realize that this must be what every day all day is like for him--all these people making him repeat exactly these strings of sound that make no sense but he has to do it to get the thing he wants. I'd feel bad for him, except he keeps waking me up.) and one night of irritating middle of the night insomnia for no particular reason. Ugh. And being sleep deprived makes you want to eat mindlessly--if you're chewing, you can't fall asleep, right?

No comments: