Friday, September 07, 2007

Reappearing

I've been gone from the blog since shortly after I got to Maryland -- I didn't have a scale and I didn't have many opportunities to make choices about my food (though when I did, at Macaroni Grill, I went for a dangerously unhealthy pasta dish with shrimp and chicken and prosciutto) and nobody was posting (except Amy every other day or so). We got home on Wednesday night late and spent yesterday dealing with the furniture delivery -- the guys were supposed to come between 12 and 3 and call first, and instead they showed up at 11 without calling. The office was only half ready so I had to frantically pull the computer components to bits to get them moved, and they had to move the big old desk out of the way for me (which they're not supposed to do, but the guy said he hates to leave people stranded with their furniture only half-installed when it's so heavy) because Daniel hadn't gotten home yet (he was going to be home for lunch, a little early, so we could move the stuff). Then everything was in total disarray all day while I tried to figure out where everything ended up and how it went back together. Then I had choir practice. What a day.

Today we got virtually no school done, and then we had Mass and a homeschoolers' meeting to go to, so I didn't get home until 3:30, after which point I had to leave immediately for the gym, and then I visited Daniel. The good thing is that today I barely ate -- I had breakfast and then a small lunch, and then nothing until dinner. But this is my first opportunity to read the blog since we got home.

My scale is stuck at 150.5. It said that yesterday morning and this morning, and before my shower (stark naked) and after my shower and after breakfast. I suppose it's better than seeing it go further up -- I feared I'd be over 153 -- but I would like to know that it's capable of going down. But I, also, am on board the SS Disaster and making no progress. Julie's right. World peace would be easier.

No comments: