Thursday, April 27, 2006

I am so ashamed!

Yesterday my weight was over 210. That isn't a huge surprise considering that my weight normally takes a big jump UP on day two of my period (I started tracking that on my charts about three months ago). But - it was up again today - which I don't approve of.

It is my fault! I have NOT been watching every crumb I eat for about two weeks now, and I have been eating CRAP. I also have only been making a mild gesture towards exercise. I have stopped doing any resistance work and do only walking on the treadmill or Pilates as workouts.

OK - so to recap - my inability to lose weight is an annoying mystery to me. However, I am very adept at GAINING weight if I let my guard down in the least. Man! This sucks!

Katie and I have been kind of bad about our food lately in general. We used to pack consistantly good lunches, but now we throw in whatever is on hand - which isn't always balanced. I need to do some super detailed menu plans in advance to cover for about a week or two to get back on track. I need to stock up on fruits and veggies (not just V-8) and whole grains. I need to start dividing out my servings so they are ready to go when I am ready to pack them. And I need to start REPORTING EVERY CRUMB!

I love Emily's idea of a challenge for the next week. A detailed diary, everyday, of every morsel or drop that passes our lips.

I am throwing out the remaining Easter candy! (Not much left since I didn't overstock this year - and I ate a lot too...)

Katie has set a challenge for herself to move her steps to the next 1000 each night. I am going to start doing that too. I am also going to make an appointment to meet with a trainer again to get my resistance workout back on track.

I agree with Emily - I don't like exercise. It isn't the TYPE necessarily, it is the very nature of it. I don't like to sweat and I don't like doing boring things. Exercise to me is very boring. It is a necessary evil - expecially for someone who DOESN'T have kids and dogs and a job that keeps me moving a lot. I DID walk to the Post Office today (thanks Emily...) So that was 1000 steps added to my normal day.

I just looked up the calendar for the group fitness stuff for my gym. I dread group classes - because I am afraid I am not as flexible or have as much endurance or am fatter than the other people - but I think it would also help me to be more engaged than just a regular exercise routine. The trouble with classes is they usually go on longer than I can. 45 minutes and I am done! These last an hour or an hour and 15 minutes! Ugh! But I want to try. I will start with something non exhausting - like Yoga.

I CAN work in a 10-15 minute walk at least two times in the evenings. I know I can do this because up until recently I managed to fit in several 5-10 minute smoke breaks each night - rain or shine. Sigh - this is again an example of how smoking could help me exercise. I could easily change the smoke breaks into walking smoke breaks. 8-b

No comments: