Thursday, April 06, 2006

Walking Away

I stuck one of the pedometers on me at about 3pm today. I then went to the gym about a half hour later. I walked on the treadmill for 42 minutes. My steps right now are at 6127. It seems to be pretty accurate. I have tested it on short trips (3 to 50 steps). I know I arrived at the gym at 368 steps and then when I was finished it was well over 5600 steps.

Food hasn't been great today - but I guess not awful either. I ate my applesauce, cereal with skim milk for breakfast. I told you about my lunch. This afternoon I have been munchie. I ate my cottage cheese and pineapples, and a really gross soy bar. Now I am drinking my V-8. I am going shopping after work for the detox food. I have to eat all sorts of weird vegetables. There is a recipe for a slaw that I think will help with the weird foods. I am going to try that.

I was watching Oprah today on the treadmill. She had Kirstie Ally on - and the two of them were talking about their problems with weight. Kirstie is the Jenny Craig spokesperson currently - and when she started with Jenny she was 219 pounds. She has lost 55 in 10 months - and looks good! She also quit smoking. I am very inspired by her - but discouraged too, since I HAVEN'T seen the weight drop off like that. Of course - I don't have a JC "helper" or two professional dancers to exercise with me!!

No comments: