Monday, April 17, 2006

Surviving Easter

I brought home about 14lbs (equals 25,000 calories) of candy from Joe's mom's yesterday. Here's my current inventory: 12 of those chocolate eggs--4 different kinds, 3 of each--cadbury, butterfinger, caramel filled and snickers, 3 milky way bunnies, 4 Reese's eggs, half of a bag of mini butterfinger eggs, a dozen malted milk eggs, 2 dozen choclate eggs with the candy shell, jelly beans (ick--they hit the trash immediately...bad experience as a child throwing up the black ones...haven't touched the things since...),2 hollow chocolate bunnies, 10 mini tootsie pops, 2 push pops, and a small ziploc of the el-cheapo Easter chocolate that comes in those foil wrappers. That won't get eaten. I am freezing the 12 eggs...they will be very yummy come summer when you can't get those. Plus I would just eat every darn one of them. I don't honestly recall getting this much candy from my own parents when I was a child, but Joe's mother is not known for her ability to moderate anything...

We had lasagna and stuffed peppers for Easter dinner. I had a respectable piece of lasagna, but no seconds, a small salad, a piece of garlic bread, and a small piece of coconut cream pie. I was very proud of how well I managed my food at dinner. I ate about half of the malted milk eggs Sunday evening as well.

Joe's mom is going to find out this week when her gastric surgery is scheduled for. She has really been careless with herself--yesterday was the first time I've spent a considerable amount of time with her since Christmas, and she has gained so much weight it is shocking. Her thighs each are about as big around as both of mine together, and we all know that's my prime fat storage location!!!! I couldn't believe how much she had gained. Her belly is really big too. I sat there and just wondered how she ties her shoes. It must be a real chore.

Food over the weekend was under control for the most part. Where it got out of control was I decided to make rice crispy treats with fruity pebbles. How many calories do you think there are in an entire 13 oz box of fruity pebbles?? Those things were so delicious I couldn't stop eating them.

I exercised every day but Friday, hitting 15,000+ steps on Saturday and just over 10,000 Sunday. Friday was just under 6,000.

OH!! And I started my goodie bags. This is fun! And I'll have you know that I will probably be missing a deadline for City of Annapolis parcel & zoning updates because I spent so much time this weekend playing with my goodie bags instead of working overtime like I was supposed to...heeheehee...can't wait to explain THAT to my boss...

No comments: