Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter overindulgence

I'm with Emily--I can't stay away from the Easter candy, even though it's making me feel sick to eat it! After fasting all day Friday I was down to 131.0 on Saturday morning, then 132.8 on Sunday morning, and then today I was 133.2--so probably by tomorrow morning I'll be back up to what I was last week! Yesterday's food was ghastly--hard boiled eggs for brekfast, of course, and just a few jelly beans before church, so I was starving for brunch and ate everything in sight--the french toast thing, bacon, fruit salad, green beans, more candy, tons of coffee. Then candy all afternoon and pizza for dinner (very traditional, isn't it? At least we ordered it with ham!). Ugh.

I didn't post much at all last week since I was out of my usual habits, but for the most part I ate just as I usually do--healthy breakfast and lunch, junk all evening. I also didn't exercise (I think I already reported that) but I DID walk a lot each day, much to my surprise. On Saturday I took off the pedometer at 8:30 when I was up to 11,552 steps. And then I did the whole bedtime routine, Easter basket routine, housecleaning (wouldn't want the Bunny to trip over junk), dishes, etc. So I'm sure the final step count was impressive. Today, back at work, I've already sat still for longer than any day all last week. But I did find out that it's about 450 steps from the parking lot to my office--pretty close to the quarter mile I was guessing. I'll go to the gym at lunch today as well, so I'll be interested to see what that number is.

Today I had a hard boiled egg for breakfast (surprise!) with a leftover blueberry muffin, and I just ate almonds for snack. I packed one piece of Easter candy to eat before going home so maybe I'll get that "fix" and not overindulge tonight. Yeah, right.

No comments: