Monday, April 24, 2006

I'm with the grouch on this...

Like Sarah, I have not even been trying the past week or so. Ever since we starved ourselves two weeks ago and then pigged out on Sunday (Easter) I have been too lazy to do more than roll my eyes at the scale...

I have eaten whole meals based entirely on Easter candy and hard cider (ironically enough my weight is usually DOWN the day after those days...) I have been as low as 207.2 (Saturday) and as high as 209.2 (today and Wednesday). I HAVE been weighing myself daily - but it is kind of with a perverse eagerness to horrify myself. I keep expecting to top 210 (thank goodness THAT hasn't happened - yet). I have done minimal exercise. I DID however discover that I own a one mile Walk Off The Weight video - and in honor of Emily - did it one night while wearing half work clothes (top half) and half virtually nothing else (butt half). I kept hoping my neighbors were already in bed so my horrific display would go unnoticed. But I was curious to watch the video - and since I was right there, I decided to give it a shot. That was on Thursday. I can't rememember what else I did - but it must have been something, because my steps were close to 10,000 three days last week. (Keep in mind - on non gym days I stall around 3000.) Katie and I did some mildly heavy gardening yesterday, and some very heavy cleaning (although, you still really can't tell...) yesterday. Neither of those activities count towards the steps so much - which is fine, since I always forget to wear my pedometer on weekends. (May have something to do with the forgetting to get dressed until about 2 in the afternoon...)

OK - Back to my horrible week. I ate half a pizza on one of my healthier days. I reported that already. On Saturday morning I woke up from a dream of a meatball sub (I had NOTHING but candy the night before that, I am sure I was craving protein) and made myself bacon and eggs for breakfast. I also then modified a Let's Dish mini meatloaf into a meatball sub to satisfy that craving. I did the same thing for dinner on Sunday. Katie has a swollen tooth or the mumps or something - so she hasn't been eating - leaving more for me. Sigh.

Today I wasn't SO bad. I had two hard boiled eggs, a thing of V-8, one and a half of Sarah's Easter muffins (not bad - even after a week and a half - that was the last of them), and a marshmallow Easter egg, a jelly bean and two of the dark chocolate foil wrapped eggs. Sigh. I have an orange and a thing of applesauce waiting for me - but I haven't been able to face them yet. I also had a lot of coffee... with skim milk. We have chicken Marsala thawed for dinner tonight.

I haven't made it to the gym today - nor will I. We (TESSCO) acquired a new company in Texas. I have been extremely tied up in getting that off the ground by today. Hopefully I did everything right - so they can get their checks this week. We also have been in the midst of a hideous audit, the fiscal year end (and therefore HOPEFULLY bonus time), a board meeting last week (I do a good number of the board reports) and of course, all of the same stuff I have to do every week, biweek, and month. Sigh. It has been busy. I hope Katie will want to go for a walk when I get home though, so I won't feel QUITE so guilty. Tomorrow IS weigh in day after all...

Anyway - my period FINALLY started today - so maybe I will magically drop four pounds before the next weigh in day (not tomorrow - that is too much to hope for). Not that it would matter that much. Even if I drop four pounds that would only bring me to 205.2... which, while WAY better than what I HAVE been seeing - is not where I should be now.

No comments: