Monday, April 03, 2006

Where did the day go???

OK - I ate my breakfast - finally - at 4:45. This was right after I got back from the gym. I FINALLY did it - I went to the gym. I just walked on the treadmill for 40ish minutes. I burned 404 calories... so 101 per 10 minutes - or 10.1 calories per minute. This should just make up for the skim caramel machiato I had this morning. Sigh. But - no food... So by the time I finshed at the gym I SHOULD have been operating at a deficit. That is when I ate my cereal and milk and pineapple tidbits.

I am hoping not to be so lazy tonight and actually DO some Pilates or something. I wish I had a room at home that has a treadmill, weight bench and maybe a Pilates mat. Maybe when Katie grows up and gets married and moves out I will turn her room into a workout room. Wouldn't that be nifty?

Let's see - $49 a month for the gym... That is $588 a year. I could probably get a pretty nice treadmill for that...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Never mind... Treadmills are more expensive than I thought. There are budget ones - but they aren't highly recommended. Most treadmills are $1000-ish. Ugh!

Emily said...

Ugh, indeed! I had the same experience looking at exercycles. I was hoping for your sake that treadmills would be more reasonable, since more people buy them (they often fold up neatly into a corner so you don't need as much space to have them, either). Sorry!