Friday, April 07, 2006

new month!

OK, so it's officially been a month since my last post. How pathetic is that?! However, Amy came up with a good solution for me--I'm going to try to remember to post after I exercise when I come home from school. The past two weeks have been pretty good for me remembering (or rather, not just remembering but actually DOING) to exercise, so I'm going to try to get in the habit of exercising and then immediately going to the computer to post. I've been taking a class one or two times a week at the karate studio near me. The mom of two kids I babysit for after school some days is a gym teacher/aerobics instructor, and she talked me into coming. I've been doing this pretty consistently since last month, and I want to keep it up. I really like her class. And on the days I don't have class I've been doing our various workout videos/DVDs. I tend to do the Boot Camp one the most because it's both aerobic and toning, but today I did kickboxing and yoga. Now I'm tired and I hurt and I'm relaxed enough to take a nap. Does taking a nap after exercising negate all the good work you've done?

So, my last four weigh-ins. Four weeks ago I was 134.4, three weeks ago was 132.4, then 133.8 and now 134.2. I periodically dip down into the 131s, but I have yet to see a 130. And it's not uncommon to see high 134s. Sigh. I'm stuck. But like Amy said, we started the detox diet today. I'm aiming to lose the 8 pounds in one day that it advertises. =) I was telling one of the other teachers about this diet (mostly about how I was going to be picking cabbage out of my teeth all day) and she told me she did the cabbage soup diet once. She gained three pounds. Ugh. Of course, this is a woman who probably wears a size 2, so I don't know what she was doing dieting in the first place!

I officially have a new goal. I want to be below 130 before I leave for Austria. Everyone keeps telling me to be prepared to gain weight there, because of the pastries, and I don't want to get up above 135 (AGAIN!) while I'm there. But I also want to be even more in shape, so I can be prepared to do a lot of walking while I'm there.

No comments: