Thursday, April 06, 2006

Seven Months

And I have lost a grand total of.......drumroll...... 8 pounds. Actually slightly less. I was 207.8 this morning.

I was reading my One Day Detox diet book last night. It is funny... there are so many problems that have the same sort of symptoms - and I have them all!!! My newest self diagnosis however, is that I don't have enough stomach acid. When I first started reading this section I thought that this would NOT be me - since I have such a problem with reflux... but then, listen to these symptoms:
Heartburn
Inflamed Gums
Weak Brittle Nails
Chronic yeast infections
Frequent sour taste
Chronic hives (Like my constantly re-occuring itchy bumps!)
And other more disgusting symptoms that I also have... OH - Waking up between 1am and 3am is another one... Bad breath, belching and rosacea are other symptoms that I don't THINK I have. It then goes on to give a complicated reason why this lack of stomach acid leads to resistance to weight loss. Hummmmmm. Anyway - they don't give a heck of a lot of what you can do to help yourself, other than eating a "liver healthy" diet - which consists of lots of yucky vegetables. Also, they advise against the low carb/high protein diets - which I am opposed to anyway. But - of cours - the detox diet is suppose to help me also.

I am being bad. I think. I can't tell if it is bad or not. I have forsworn my healthy sandwich that I brought for lunch and I am eating a salad. It is the Grilled Chicken Carribbean salad from Chilis. I was seriously addicted to these before - but haven't had one in a LONG time. I only used a little bit of the dressing (which is really the best part). It is GRILLED chicken, and salad - and pineapples, and mandarin oranges. It is very yummy. Don't tell me how many thousands of calories it is - I really don't want to know. I won't eat the whole thing.

No comments: