Monday, April 03, 2006

I'm glad it's not just me

I also go no exercise last week. I don't have the sick kids excuse that Emily had. I only have a hectic work week and a hideous sinus headache as an excuse... Of course, Emily doesn't have the I am only home for an hour and a half of awake time excuse that I have. Then again, I did manage to squeeze in an awful lot of Cubis 2 playing time - and watched most of a season of Gilmore Girls... so I guess I can only claim the headache. I hate it though... I don't want to get back into the habit of no exercise EVER - so I am determined to get back to the gym AT LEAST three times this week!!!

Food was bad/good. It was bad because I ate too much I think - but good because most of what I ate was pretty healthy. I am addicted to the LD Shrimp Curry dish. It is spicy, but in a sweet way. It makes me sweat - but it is so yummy!! I made that for lunch yesterday (at about 3pm - I am all screwed up on the time change!) Katie was at Tracy's - so I ended up eating most of her half too. Well - about 1/2 of her half. It was really good. Then Katie made the Chicken Satays for dinner. I wasn't hungry after my big late lunch - but I ate half of that portion too - and all of my vegetables. All of this was yesterday. I don't remember much of Saturday... I had a Greek Hamburger for lunch, and pulled pork for dinner - no memory of snacks, although I am sure there were snacks. Friday Katie and Charles went to Cacoa Lane - which is a cute bar/restaurant in Ellicott City. I find the bar stools remarkably uncomfortable, and I don't like it as well as our other places - so I didn't go. Instead I stayed home and ate two servings of the cheese pasta from Let's Dish - and drank fuzzy navels. They really aren't as good as they were in college... I didn't have any sprite, and I used to always add sprite to mine. Yeah - so the more I think about it the food tended more towards the bad end of things. I ate a banana on Saturday.

My weight has been steadily climbing too. I was over 209 this morning. HOW did I jump four pounds since Friday? I didn't eat THAT badly!! My jeans that I was so proud to fit in again last November - and were my favorite ones all winter - were too tight to wear on Saturday. I am fat again. I think I am mostly bloated. I did wear my jeans yesterday to streatch them out again (I had just washed them) and I noticed that my belly was looking very round. Rounder than normal - like five months pregnant round... I think I am bloated. I am going to do the Fat Flush detox diet. It is a one day all liquid diet, with a seven day pre diet and a three day post diet. Maybe it will help with my five month belly.

No comments: