Friday, April 07, 2006

Toxic Livers

I have been getting such a kick out of the Detox diet book. I read Katie the list of symptom last night for a toxic liver and ineffective colon and a insufficiant amount of stomach acid. We have most of the symptoms of all of the badness. Hee hee. I am not sure how seriously to take this book - except that she ISN'T trying to sell anything - and she does use lots of science - and I DO know that all of my weird symptoms probably aren't that normal. The inability to lose weight - especially when you are controlling your intake (the book SAID that!) is a sign of the lack of stomach acid. I am going to see if I can track down the weird supplement that you are supposed to add to your food (Ox Bile or something) that is supposed to help with that. It can't hurt - I don't think anyway.

So - today Katie and I have started our prequel diet to build up our livers to prepare for our one day fast next Friday. We made a slaw last night. It was very pretty - purple cabbage, celelry, green and red bell peppers... It was also supposed to have carrots, but we didn't have any and I didn't buy any. Also - the dressing was supposed to be made with olive oil - but we didn't have that either. I used a light dressing instead. Katie and I were joking that this purge is supposed to reduce our tendancy towards gassiness - but all of the foods that we are supposed to eat are the ones that MAKE us gassy. Maybe there is a reason for that.

Anyway - My steps for yesterday were 7900. Actually - I walked back and forth in my room a few times to hit the 7900. It was really 7901 - but then I walked a few more steps to get to bed. 8-)

My weight this morning was 207.6. Sigh...

No comments: