Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Long Way Around

OK - Weight yesterday was 209.2 today was 208.6. I stayed at home ALL DAY waiting for a guy to come by and give me an estimate on removing my tree. He never showed up. By 6pm I was getting twitchy from sitting still all day - so I went for about a mile and and a half walk. So my steps yesterday were about 5600. I ate 10 pounds of Easter candy. My gums were hurting from all of the sugar. Ugh. I really should have taken a four mile walk. Regardless, my weight was lower today than it was yesterday anyway.

Today - I discovered that if I walk around the circle in the middle of TESSCO 27 times I will have walked a mile. This means if I take the long way around on my way to the bathroom I will have to go 27 times to add a mile to my normal steps (of about 3000 per day - sigh...). I did walk around it twice so far... once to clock it, and a second time on my way to the bathroom. However, if I go the long way around both coming and going to the bathroom it is not a full 2 twenty-sevenths of a mile, because about a third of it would be cut off each way. I have to do the math still on the number of times I would have to go to the bathroom to walk an extra mile in a day if I went the long way around both ways. Of course, half of the time by the time I actually leave my work to go to the bathroom I have to run anyway, so adding extra steps on the trip TO the bathroom is not a good idea.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've been doing the long route to the bathroom to add steps as well. Only in my case, what I do is go to a bathroom that's further away, so instead of the 100 steps to go to the close bathroom, I'm doing 400 or so steps for the far bathroom. It's also a much nicer bathroom--I don't know why I never thought of doing this before!

Amy said...

OK - I would have to do 18 trips to the bathroom going the long way both ways. I can do that. Or maybe half that. So far today I have done about five trips. This is encouragement to drink more water or coffee...