Tuesday, April 18, 2006

No change

I was 133.6 this morning, same as I was last week. I guess it's to be expected since I hardly exercised at all and I ate way too much, but it also means I have no wiggle room in the Easter candy department--I have to stay out of it entirely if I want to lose weight for next week! I don't think that's going to happen, though. I know myself and my lack of self-control well enough--it's a fairly safe bet that I'll be into the jelly beans (what's wrong with you, Julie? Jelly beans are the best!) and malted milk eggs all night.

Yesterday's food was predictable--good breakfast and lunch, good snacks, junk all evening. I went to the gym in the afternoon and discovered that the pedometer is very accurate. It says that 2000 steps is roughly a mile; I went 2.74 miles on the treadmill and the step count was something like 7,100 (running steps are longer so it'll take fewer steps to cover the same distance--I should test it with walking steps, but of course each person's stride is a different length too so that would make a difference). My total steppage for the day was twelve thousand and something. I have it written down at home. Today I'll get a baseline for my steps on a workday without a trip to the gym. I'm guessing in the 5,000 range.

No comments: