Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Stupid fad diets

OK, so to backtrack a little bit--last week I was still stuck at 134. Actually I can't remember for sure what my weight was last week, but I remember thinking it was the same as the week before. By Friday I weighed in at 134.2 Then Amy and I did the fasting detox diet thing on Friday, and I was all hopeful that I would lose a couple of pounds because of it (although I wasn't entirely counting on it). So I starved myself all day long, and when I weighed myself on Saturday I was 134.6 *sigh* Half a pound UP from Friday. So much for the detox diet. I've decided that these fad diets that promise all this crazy weight loss are just that--crazy. I'm done with them. The only success I've ever had has been with THIS diet we're doing, and that's just the traditional cut back, exercise, low fat, low cal diet.

Today I weighed 133.6, which isn't bad at all, considering. Yes, as Amy said, we ate an ENTIRE pizza last night. No, wait, and entire LARGE pizza last night. Yes--thin crust. Which is half the calories of normal crust (only the crust part--the rest is the same) but is still an ENTIRE LARGE PIZZA. What is WRONG with us? I blame Amy entirely--it's all her fault. SHE suggested pizza. I said--but we have chicken thawed!! No, no, we had to have pizza. It was really yummy. =)

Sunday was a miserable failure for me, just like the rest of you. I did pretty well on the candy front, because for some reason I find myself on a protein kick every Easter Sunday (this has been going on for a few years now--I am DYING for sugar up to that day, and then suddenly it's the hard boiled eggs that appeal to me!). So I only ate about 5 jelly beans and a marshmallow egg. But I ate pretty well at our brunch (french toast, bacon, fruit, green beans, salmon, about 12 mimosas--just kidding, Mom--it was really only about 4 or 5 all day). And THEN a scant 2 hours later I went to dinner at Charles's sister's house and ate WAY too much there too! Cheese and crackers, ham, more salmon, mashed potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, carrots and lima beans (which I haven't had in a million years and now I remember why--they're really gross). So I probably consumed about the same as Amy on Sunday--5000 calories. Maybe more, because she didn't have dinner. So I'm looking at more like 8000 calories. So I was expecting to be way up today, and it wasn't so bad!

No comments: