Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'm back!

Whew! I feel like I've been away from the blog for ions. My training class last week was excellent, and last Friday I went to Dulles to visit my brother Mark who is a Captain with Fire & Rescue there. That was an awesome trip--right up there with seeing the Grand Canyon and walking on Mendenhall glacier if you can believe it. First we toured the fire house, which was something of a hybrid high school/prison, and I got to see the dispatch center and the watch desk. I spread the GIS gospel while I was there and taught one of the dispatchers how to use local.live.com to view the oblique aerial photography of the airport. THEN we toured the airport in a foam truck. It was amazing. I couldn't believe we just hopped in the thing and drove off, but we did. The tires were so big, they came up to my chin. The first step up into it was just below my waist. We sprayed water from it turrets (1 on the roof, 1 on the bumper--1200 gpm!) and we drove everywhere on the airport except the runways, which are totally off limits. It was SO peculiar--Mark would ask "Do you see any planes coming?" as we drove around. Did you know the engines of a jet have enough force to knock over a box truck? You have to stop until the plane turns off its engines once it pulls up to the gate. I got to see all the haz mat equipment, all their breathing apparatus, the advanced life support trucks, all that stuff. I really enjoyed every minute of it.

So I got home Friday around 6 pm, and that is when I realized I had TOTALLY FORGOTTEN about all the Easter candy! WELL. I made up for that! I've eaten about 6000 calories worth of candy since Friday. It's not even yummy anymore, really. But I still eat it.

So weight yesterday was 159.3. Pathetic. I'm with Emily--I have to go back to that no excuses exercise plan AND log every tidbit I eat.

So, food yesterday: pop tart bar (smaller serving than a regular 2 pack, so much easier to rationalize), yogurt, a banana, an apple, string cheese, 5 wheat crackers, laughing cow cheese, 2 small hershey bars, a can of diet dr pepper, bottle of water, a bottle of diet dr pepper, another bottle of water, carrots, salsa, single slice of lebanon bologna, spinach salad with carrots, tomatoes, red onion, a few croutons, a little sharp cheddar and light red wine & vinegar dressing, LD risotto style chicken, 2 pebbles rice krispy treats, and about 10 choclate mini eggs. So who can guess at which point in my food time line I was home from work???? It starts with the carrots & salsa and just goes down hill.

Exercise was about 50 minutes on the treadmill. My step count was just 11, 548 yesterday. I didn't wear the pedometer today. It was really noticeable under the shirt I have on.

Today we're having a luncheon for Admin. people day, so there's all sorts of bad food in the other room. Scott brought in this thing called Texas Sheet Cake that looks like a homemade version of those little debbie brownies, minus the nuts on top.

No comments: