Monday, April 03, 2006

Catching Up...

Yay Amy!!!! Good work ditching the cigarettes.

Whew! Last week was hectic. I hope this week settles down, but it is unlikely. Food has been ok the past few days.

Friday night we had a fondue party for my friend Jen--we were supposed to be taking her out to the Melting Pot for a girls night before her baby was born, but little Jillian decided to show up 5 weeks early so we ended up having the party at her house instead. It was a lot of fun. The baby is sweet too--tiny--but a very good baby. She mostly slept, but when she was awake she was pretty active and noisy. It was really cute. I made Emily & Daniel's modified Melting Pot traditional fondue recipe--which turned out awesome, and I made a version of a cheddar fondue Amy suggested that started with a dark cider as the base. That was delicious too. I was running so late Friday that my only exercise was flying around the grocery store and the liquor store at Mach 12 trying to get everything, and I still ended up being 40 minutes late.

Saturday Joe & I did some yard work and went shopping. Then we ate lunch at Lonestar where I had a 7 oz delmonico steak, baked potato and a salad. It was really good. That was all my food for the day except an apple dipped in nutella later that night. I did spend 50 minutes on the treadmill as well.

Sunday we also did yard work, and we had eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast, a donut for lunch (they looked sooooo good when we went grocery shopping) and then jerk chicken, potatos and green beans for dinner. Dessert was a glass of chocolate milk. I spent 50 minutes on the treadmill again.

So I'm back under 160...I think it was like 159.4 this morning? I can't recall exactly; I was partially comatose from the time change. This "springing forward" always causes me huge problems for about a week.

No comments: