Monday, April 03, 2006

Good exercise, bad food

I'm still having food problems--having a hard time resisting anything yummy. On Friday I was at an off-site meeting and did skip the breakfast goodies (had just fruit instead) but then lunch was difficult. The ONLY food they had was meat--turkey, ham, or roast beef sandwiches on croissants. Sheesh! Not even tuna salad (not that I would eat tuna salad, but still, most people make an effort to appeal to non-meat eaters for meetings like this). So I took one of the sandwiches, took off the turkey so there was just a half a piece of cheese left, and added green salad to make a vegetarian sandwich. It wasn't very filling, though, so I ended up taking two cookies too. Then when we got back to campus there was a steel-topping ceremony for our new building and I indulged in the ice cream that they had afterwards. Sigh. That was it for the daytime but then for dinner we ordered pizza and I had two slices of that.

On Saturday I wasn't any better--I kept snacking on unhealthy things throughout the day, and I got a hot dog from the cart at Home Depot for lunch. I have no recollection of what we had for dinner that night, but then for dessert I made "sundaes" with the leftover cake pieces from Connor's birthday, whipped cream, and bananas. Sunday was more of the same--eggs and toast for brunch, LD chicken chili for dinner, and lots of snacks in between, including Doritoes, and an ice cream sandwich for dessert.

OTOH, I've been exercising or at least staying active. I didn't get to the gym on Friday (since I wasn't around at lunchtime) but I took Davey for two long walks in the evening, then I spent a lot of time Saturday and Sunday doing heavy yard work--lots of raking and digging. I planted my lettuce, peas, and spinach too. And I jumped on the trampoline a bit. Last night I did pilates and I don't hurt too much today, so I haven't completely lost the muscle tone I had gained before. My weight this morning was about the same as last week (134.4) so I guess the food and exercise were balanced. My goal for this week is to get to the gym three times and do pilates twice more.

No comments: