Friday, April 07, 2006

My week so far

Yippee!! One more trip to the gym and I'll have reached my exercise goal for the week--I've been to the gym twice and did pilates three times. Barring any major work events, I should be able to get to the gym at lunch today. I also got in some unintentional exercise yesterday when I walked to my car in the evening and realized it wasn't there. No tragedy--just my usual forgetfulness. I had parked in a different lot, so I had to walk around the campus to get to the car. That was an additional 15 minutes of walking for the day! I can't wait to get a pedometer and figure out how much walking I do from the parking lot to the building each day. This is only temporary, though--they are putting in a new parking garage that will be closer, and it's scheduled to open in the late summer. Oh, I also cleaned the house like a demon last night--scrubbing the bathroom to within an inch of its life, vacuuming the stairs, mopping the kitchen, vacuuming the living room, sweeping our bedroom and upstairs hall.

Food has been so-so. Would you believe I got into the jelly beans again last night??? I bought at bag for Easter at Target yesterday then was so hungry on the way home (must have been all that walking) that I broke into them and started eating. Ugh! But other than that lapse, I've been pretty good, and have essentially cut out nighttime snacking this week. I think I've been eating vegetarian all week too--bean and tomato and corn quesadillas one night, the leftover fish and chips once, spaghetti with tomato sauce last night, and mock cinnabon and fruit one night (that was Tuesday when I was trying to scarf down something quickly between work and the SE meeting).

My iPod seems to be dead. I'm so sad! I'm sure it can be fixed, but it's a pain in the neck to have to take it in, and of course the warranty expired back in December. On Monday it was working fine, but then on Wednesday I took it out at the gym and it wouldn't work, then it started making ominous clicking sounds. Exercising is really boring with no music, too. I brought my Shuffle today, but the battery needs charging and I'm not sure if this piece of junk computer I have at work is actually charging it or not. Does anyone know what a blinking yellow light means? Does that mean it's charging?

No comments: