Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Whew!

The hard work paid off! I was 134.5 today. I'm not entirely sure whether to believe that, since it's down 3.5 pounds from Sunday, but on the other hand my intestines are causing all kinds of trouble, so it could be water loss. Or the 138 was water gain. Or something in between.

Yesterday I was very, very good almost all day. I measured my cereal (Bran Chex) to keep from overdoing it, and I had milk and juice with breakfast. I had snacks of half a banana and some almonds. Lunch was yogurt and pretzels, with water to drink. In the afternoon I had more almonds, and I ate carrots and cucumbers as snacks. Oh, and some goldfish crackers. For dinner I had Brunswick stew with two Do-Si-Dos for dessert, and then by 9:15 I was famished from eating nothing heavy all day, so I ate a dish of ice cream and thought about more snacks -- but before long I forgot about the snacks so I went to bed satisfied. I figure the ice cream qualifies as my third dairy product for the day. ;-)

I did actually count food groups -- the pretzels, goldfish, Bran Chex, and starchy vegetables in the stew made up my grains, and the almonds and chicken were my protein foods, and the juice and banana were my fruit (I meant to have another -- does the strawberry of the Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream count?), and for once I had plenty of vegetables (I ate a lot of carrots, and I had a lot of veggies in the stew). So I'm proud of myself, even with the cookies and ice cream.

I exercised again yesterday, by doing 50 minutes on the bike. The extra 5 seconds in each segment is awful! It made it very difficult. I went 14 miles total. That was 4 days in a row of exercise, and I'll try to be good again today!

No comments: