Monday, June 05, 2006

Life isn't fair

Last week after weigh-in day I gradually went back down to 132.2. That's what I was when I woke up Friday morning sick as a dog--achy, exhausted, horrible sore throat. I pretty much just sat and stared all day (didn't realize until about 3 p.m. that if I was going to be sitting and staring, I may as well stare at season 2 of Gilmore Girls, so I only got one episode in). Then at 5:00, still feeling horrible, I had to go with Claire to Girl Scout Encampment. It started pouring rain the minute we pulled into the parking lot at camp. We dragged our stuff through the rain to our troop's cabin, then through the rain to the dining pavilion for an ice cream social, then back through a deluge to our cabin. I felt like crap and was cold and wet and tired. All I ate that whole day was one turkey sandwich because I just didn't feel like eating. Then I slept (sort of--not much sleeping involved) on a cement floor. It was one of the more miserable nights of my life--I was taking ibuprofen three at a time every four hours, way overdosing, but it didn't help my throat at all, although it did help the all-over achiness.

Saturday was a bit better. Still a bad sore throat but the woozy achy feeling went away around noon. And the rain held off and the sun came out around 4:00. I kept moving all day--9.5 miles up and down hills, plus a half an hour of rowing a boat around a lake. The food, predictably, was gross but bad for you--cereal for breakfast and no coffee (if you can imagine.....), a rice krispie treat for morning snack, hot dog and oreo cookies for lunch (the other things they gave us were jello and barbeque potato chips but I don't like either of them), chicken nuggets, canned corn and green beans, salad, and macaroni and cheese for dinner (I ate three chicken nuggets, two bites each of the mac and cheese and veggies, and a bowl of salad), half a piece of cake for dessert, and a s'more back at camp. Sunday morning--bagel bite for breakfast, three french toast sticks, two sausage links, and a couple of bites of yucky eggs for brunch, and coffee (yay!!!!) on the way home from camp. My food wasn't good in the afternoon--lots of water, four caramels and half an ice cream sandwich at the autism walk, a strawberry pop tart at home, and carry out chinese for dinner (chicken and cashew nuts--it's been years since I've gotten carry out chinese and it turns out that this place down the street from us is pretty good. I got a small order and ate half of it for dinner). So overall, nothing really healthy all weekend, but not really overeating either, and lots of walking. I hit 19,199 steps on Saturday, and yesterday I ended at 12,129.

Today I weighed 132.2. That's what I mean by life not being fair--tons of walking, not that much eating, lots of physical misery, and no weight loss! I'm secretly hoping that today's weight is a reflection of water retention from eating so much junk all weeekend and it'll all disappear by weigh-in tomorrow and I'll be under 130. Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: