Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Way too easy

Sheesh! It is so easy to pack in a million calories with little or no effort. I just had an egg salad sandwhich on whole wheat with lettuce and tomato and I think it was probably about 600 calories!!! It was a big sandwich - and I shouldn't have eaten it all - but it was there and it isn't like it would KEEP and I really am not good at throwing food away (unless I am cleaning the refrigerator). So I ate the whole thing. I feel very full right now. And a little queasy. I think my colon supplement is kicking in.

THEN! I have come up with several great excuses not to go to the gym. Starting with - ugh I feel full - and a little queasy... then onto - and my sunburn is really hurting (did I mention the sunburn?)... then - and I need to run out an pick up Charles' birthday gift... and to wrap it up - I DON'T WANNA! Oh - also - I get to sweaty and tomorrow is another day... GRRR. Why can't I be one of those people who LOVES to exercise. Or if not that, has a fabulous metabolism that burns through every calorie I provide. I woudn't even mind getting fat when I am 50 if I could be automatically skinny for the first 50 years!

I am also going through the whole - but what's the point? phase. What is the point? I already am feeling much better now that I have overhauled my eating habits. Why do I have to lose weight - especially since I am NOT losing weight. Katie (albeit more active than me) lost 30 pounds by - what? Sheer dumb luck? Sarah busted butt for the last 9 months - but she has always been freakishly motivated. Emily - you improved your food, and exercise - but probably not anymore than me (although I really can't comment because I only know what you report - and you don't SEEM to be eating any better than me or exercising more than me. You do have the calorie sucker - which is nice. I gotta get one of those. I don't think even Bulemia would help me - I would just end up with bad teeth and breath. I am DOOMED!

I am less motivated to go to the gym now that I met with the trainer TWO weeks ago. The workout he gave me is just that fraction too hard - so I am intimdated by it... and so I am avoiding the gym full stop. Before, at least, I would go and walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Sigh.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Is there anyone who really likes to exercise? I guess maybe a few (Olympians and stuff) but most people I know hate it but do it anyway. People are wired to conserve energy. But they are also wired to eat roots and berries with the occasional mammoth burger thrown in ("contains no trans fats!"). I put exercise in the same category as flossing--boring, unpleasant, but necessary (and o.k. to skip from time to time).

But Emily HAS been busting her butt--much more so than me. Her workouts at the gym are much longer than mine and usually more frequent. She's working at a harder pace too--running faster, cycling harder, etc. Plus she's got Cecilia helping herself to 700 calories a day, give or take (which counts for two workouts at least! Three on a lazy day.).