Friday, June 09, 2006

Weird week

On Tuesday I decided to not stress about the diet all day. so I had leftover Chinese for lunch, pasta with basil and walnuts for dinner, a candy bar in the afternoon, and popcorn in the evening. On Wednesday my weight was up to 132.4. Then on Wednesday we had our annual grants luncheon, which meant no visit to the gym and I ate way more than usual--salad, roll with butter, lasagna (just a few bites; it wasn't very good), and a blonde brownie for dessert, but at least I skipped my morning and afternoon snacks. Wednesday night was busy--we went straight from swimming lessons to grocery shopping, so when I got home I made a frozen pizza, so my dinner was a piece of pizza and then a bunch of Hershey's Kissables (bought in bulk from Sam's so that we could put them in brownies). No exercise except for running around in the evening. Thursday morning, my weight was down to 131.2. Then on Thursday I ate pretty badly--a pop tart and strawberries and milk for breakfast (NOT my usual breakfast at all, but Claire brought this to me and Brian for breakfast in bed and you can't say "well, that's not very healthy!" when someone does that!), my usual stuff all day (almonds, cheese and crackers, apple, yogurt), dinner was pasta with a cup of spinach, a tomato, and some shredded cheese (thanks for the suggestion, Katie!), then more kissables all night. I also made brownies in the evening and when I was cutting them I probably at the equivalent of a whole one--I can't stand those "super-extra moist, so moist you're pretty much eating uncooked batter" cake and brownie mixes. These things are a mess--so squishy you couldn't cut them up properly even though they tested done. I'm going to tell anyone who asks that Claire made them. That's how awful they look! I almost didn't weight myself because of my general slug-like activity level and horrible eating, but this morning I was 130 even! I haven't seen THAT since 1994 (and I don't think I even saw it then because I never used to weigh myself). I know it's not official (and I'll probably gain it all back this weekend) but it was still pretty cool to see. I guess pasta and kissables are the new diet food. Actually, it probably has a lot to do with Connor's sleeping habits--the past two nights he's been up at 2 a.m., back to sleep at 6 or 7 a.m., so Brian and I each only managed three or four hours of sleep the past two nights.

I'm under orders from Brian to skip the gym today and spend an hour napping instead. It's not a bad idea since I'll have to be herding the kids tonight, but we'll see how I feel in a few hours.

No comments: