Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Running Ragged

This week is nuts. We leave for Bermuda on Saturday and there is just so much to wrap up at work this week. I have been in early and stayed late every day so far. And we aren't packed yet.

Food has been awful, exercise has been minimal and I haven't been weighing myself for fear of the numbers. If I had to guess though--I'd say 159ish.

Joe's mom had her gastric bypass surgery Monday. We went to visit her last night. I was surprised to see she was up out of bed, but she is on a morphine drip. Reality hasn't set in for her yet. That will be when she goes home and the morphine stays at the hospital. She looked bad, but I think it partially was because she wasn't shelacked (how do you spell that???) with make up like normal. I was looking at the papers the dietician gave her as to what she can eat. Clear liquids and sugar free jello. That's it. Chicken broth, diluted apple juice, water, and jello. She has to keep sugar to a minimum. No coffee either.

Well, back to working. I have to find some time at some point to get directions to the port in Philly.

No comments: