Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Still falling apart at the end of the day

Yesterday I did so-so foodwise during the day; I was so busy much of the day (still dealing with the basement mess -- never a real flood but a big pain to handle) that I didn't eat a lot of snacks. I had my usual breakfast, lunch of pretzels and yogurt, dinner of leftover white barbecue chicken, bread (about 3/4 slice of onion bread, so no real fiber but very yummy and fairly low fat), and green pepper and cucumber slices. I had some marshmallows for snacks during the day (about three?) and two helpings of almonds and an apple, and I finished Cecilia's string cheese. So that sounds like more snacks than I realized.

After dinner (when the kids were ready for bed and were being read to) I went to the gym. I hate going that late; I don't like going on a full(ish) stomach and I hate being out when Daniel's home, since we don't get that much down time together. But I did 50 minutes on the bike, plus some hanging abs and the chest press machine. I did three sets on the chest press, and on the third I tried to go until I couldn't do any more -- well, I probably could have managed one, but I was struggling. Today I don't hurt at all, though, so I must be getting better at these (even though I had three days off between exercise this time -- oops).

Being out kept me from snacking, but then I went to the grocery store to go shopping and I bought a candy bar. To my credit, I only ate half, but the other half was consumed this morning. By me, of course. Oops again. When I got home last night I ate a bowl of Lucky Charms, which I was really craving, and then I ate about four or five tortilla chips just because they were there -- I didn't even want them. Need to stop that. (It's been, what, ten months almost? What are the odds I'm going to break that habit now?)

Today so far I've had my usual breakfast, plus the offending candy bar, eight mini-pretzels, and a wedge of watermelon. Watermelon is very yummy. I wish it were a reasonable price year-round (and not flavorless -- year-round fruit often has no flavor). I need to keep my eating in line for the rest of the day! I have a walk planned with a friend of mine this afternoon, so I'll get a little exercise, but I don't expect it to be vigorous -- I mean, walks are great, but Mary will be along, and she can't walk as fast as we could, so it won't be a really tough one. Maybe she'll ride her bike. :)

No comments: