Sunday, June 04, 2006

Back on the exercise wagon

I was very alarmed by a 137 last week -- that's 5 pounds up from my lowest weight, which is real gain, not just a fluke. So I finally got my rear in gear and went to the gym on Friday night -- I managed to squeeze in 45 minutes on the exercycle between dropping Mary at Girl Scouts (she went camping this weekend) and having to go to our monthly Stampin' Up night. Then on Saturday morning I was a spectator at Daniel's 5k -- I had the kids with me -- but that motivated me to get to the gym and run a 5k of my own on the treadmill (31:43, I think? I warmed up with 2 minutes of walking before I started the 5k, so that loosened me up, and then I really sprinted at the end -- well, sprinted by my standards!). But I was 137.5 yesterday and 138 today! I told Daniel last night I'm going to do no-excuses exercise for a while and he had to remind me, so today he pestered me to go for a bike ride. I rode for about 45 minutes, to the end of the trail and back.

My eating is no better -- I'm going to start fresh tomorrow with planned meals! Today I've been so uneven it's not even worth going through it. I did make myself eat some veggies with dinner, and I had a banana and some almonds for snacks, so it hasn't been a complete loss. But I ate WAY too much bacon with breakfast (but even one strip is too much!) and I've had several waffles over the course of the day, and various and sundry other junk. Sigh. Tomorrow is going to be better.

No comments: