Monday, June 12, 2006

Forty pounds in eight days

That's how much I'm going to gain this week. I've eaten movie theater popcorn three times this week (and only seen two movies -- the power went out for a quarter of Huntsville right after the previews started for the second movie we were seeing) and that's about ten pounds right there, I think. Ugh. Why do I buy it? Why do I EAT it? And I've eaten candy of various sorts, heavy dinners, heavy-ish breakfasts (but I'm trying to keep the heavy stuff to a minimum and make sure I get something with fiber in it every morning, or else I regret it), and catch-as-catch-can lunches. And handfuls of mixed nuts, not any healthy rendition thereof (i.e., decidedly not dry roasted). Ugh.

The good news is that I have been exercising -- Daniel and I have been running twice since we got here. I haven't gone for walks -- I should do that tomorrow, but it tends to be hard to squeeze it in. The running has gone very well, though; I discovered the first day that my sub-30:00 pace on the 5k was not a fluke. Today when we went out we took it much slower; I let Daniel set the pace, as he has been having troubles with soreness in his legs.

No weigh-in for me tomorrow! Thank goodness -- I don't think I want to see that number. Bleah. When we get back, Daniel wants to get back to healthy eating in the hopes that he can lose weight more quickly and get his running back into shape, so that will encourage me to eat well also. Maybe I'll be able to maintain the weight loss or even join Sarah in the near-130 club!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's just amazing that you were able to start back to running as fast as you ever were! Ten minute miles are really good--with that kind of time, you'd be in the top half of finishers for the running portion of the Danskin triathlon in our age group.

Emily said...

I doubt very much that I could run that fast after swimming and biking! But if I could knock a few minutes off the time over the next year, then maybe when I combine the events I could still finish sub-30?