Thursday, June 22, 2006

Good week/bad week

Last week I was so good--exercise every day, pretty good food and little overeating until the weekend. This week, total opposite. I haven't made it to the gym once. I keep bringing my bag, but I've had to go out every day at lunchtime (or on Tuesday a meeting interfered with the time the gym was open) and I haven't even been walking Davey at night (except Monday) because I've been too busy. I ate about 600 calories of cheesecake last night (it was very yummy and I actually considered it seriously for breakfast this morning--cream cheese, eggs, and coffee. What else do you need?). Yesterday morning I weighed 131.4. Today I deliberately didn't weigh myself.

I also had a terrible night last night--Brian's cell phone attached to his belt at the end of the bed made a strange bloooop-beep-beep-beep noise around 3 a.m. and then CONTINUED TO BEEP EVERY FIVE MINUTES FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT! I was so groggy and out of it and discombobulated that it didn't occur to me to get out of bed and find the damn thing and flush it down the toilet but I kept thinking Brian would deal with it, but he wasn't even aware of it. Didn't hear it at all--he slept like a baby. I, however, woke up every five minutes except for those few times when I was dreaming and the beep would enter the dream (I dreamt that Julie's pedometer was making that noise). Brian says that the beeping means there's a message waiting for him, but the phone didn't actually ring so I don't know what's up with that. And he can't even check his messages because he's forgotten his PIN and every time I ask him if he got a message from me he says "I really need to call them to reset my PIN." And he's been saying this for two months. So I woke up irritated and tired and groggy and wasn't in any mood to see how that cheesecake affected my weight.

No comments: