Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sore

Yesterday Daniel had a meeting in Huntsville in the research park area of town, so I drove him. While I was waiting for him I walked around the lake they had on their campus -- it was very pretty, with a big fountain in the middle that kept getting caught in the breeze so it didn't get too hot walking around it. I walked for about 50 minutes at a brisk pace, so I'm guessing I covered 3.5 to 4 miles. Today I'm sore as all get-out -- my back aches on the right side and my arm aches. It could be the bed here -- there's a new mattress with a pillow top, so I might not be getting enough support -- or it could be the walking. But if it's the walking, why is it I can run three miles but I can't walk them? Makes no sense. Anyway, I planned to go running again today, but I'm going to have to wait until my back feels better.

So, I've exercised two days in a row now, but my eating is still terrible. I had breakfast yesterday of raisin bran and milk, cantaloupe, and a blueberry muffin. Lunch was a meatball sub (very yummy, but why did I pick the most unhealthy thing on the menu of a sub shop??) with cheetos (were those necessary?) and a root beer (I know that wasn't necessary). I did NOT have popcorn or a drink at the movies (and now we're finished with movies for this trip). I did eat three full servings of candy during the day, and a handful of nuts. Dinner was barbecued chicken and I didn't eat the full half chicken -- I actually ate a regular portion and quit when I was full. I also had about half a baked potato with butter, a "salad" (a small helping of iceberg lettuce with a sprinkling of some cheese, no dressing -- no nutrition to speak of, either), and a roll. Water to drink -- about time I did something healthy!

About the spam thing -- I guess our blog must be considered repetitive! It certainly does feel so some days -- I ate badly again. I did/didn't exercise. I weighed myself. Sheesh. The good thing is that overall the numbers have gone down -- that part hasn't been entirely repetitive! So we're not spam! (We are here, we are here, we are here, we are here!)

No comments: