Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Incredible Shrinking Woman

I was down another pound today, which makes a 4.5 pound drop since Saturday. I'm not complaining, but how is this possible? I wish I could drop the next 4.5 pounds as easily!

Yesterday I ran a 5k on the road and did it in under 30 minutes. Maybe under 29, but my watch isn't that precise. When I got home I became queasy. I have since read that it is a BAD idea to go out running on a totally empty stomach (low blood sugar!), especially if you're so clueless about your own pace as to finish two minutes faster than you're capable of on a treadmill. Ugh. But I was pleased that I was able to run the whole way -- I haven't run that distance on the road since we lived in Loganville prior to 1999.

Food yesterday: My usual breakfast, lunch of macaroni and cheese (we were out of yogurt and lunchmeat, and I didn't really want leftover stew), dinner of a slice of pizza and a breadstick (which did eventually put a stop to my queasiness, but I didn't have the appetite for extra slices, which is a good thing). Later I had another breadstick. I had two marshmallows as desserts, as well as two peanut butter sandwich GS cookies. I also had a wedge of apple and about ten baby carrots and a small handful of almonds. I can't recall eating anything else, but surely I must have -- that doesn't seem like much. It was a busy afternoon, though, and then I felt so weird in the evening after running. No wonder I'm losing weight; my system is in shock from the abrupt upswing in exercise and downswing in food! This will come back to haunt me after our trip!

We're leaving for Alabamaville tomorrow so I won't have a weigh-in next week. I should have computer access from the Crawfords', though, so I'll try to post occasionally!

No comments: