Tuesday, June 06, 2006

132.4

Down from last week, but up from yesterday. To hell with it, I'm having leftover Chinese for lunch today. If staying active and eating small amounts doesn't have any effect on my weight at this point, then for just one day I'm going to eat real food for lunch instead of rabbit food.

Yesterday--cereal for breakfast, cereal bar (instead of almonds) for morning snack, cheese, crackers and fruit for lunch, yogurt for afternoon snack, nothing right after work (I've successfully managed to get myself away from eating too much that time of day), spaghetti and one meatball, diet soda, and a salad for dinner, and some marshmallows before bed.

The treadmill yesterday nearly killed me. I started at my usual 5 m.p.h. and realized after five minutes that there was no way I could keep that up for the whole time--my legs felt like lead and I was breathing hard. I think it was just leftover exhaustion from being sick and going camping. So I cut down to 4.8 m.p.h. for 10 minutes, then 4.9 for the next five minutes, then back up to 5.0 for the remaining time (except for a one minute sprint at 5.3 m.p.h.). I wore my new exercise bra/shirt and it felt good--much cooler than a t-shirt!

I guess I can live with 132.whatever if that's where my body wants to settle. It's a perfectly good weight for my height and seems to be where I keep landing for the past few months. I always heard that the last few pounds are the hardest to lose, but this is crazy--why is it that you can keep up the same eating and exercise habits (o.k., let me be honest--I haven't been doing the pilates as much as I used to, but I HAVE been walking daily a lot more, so it should even out, right?) and lose weight at a nice clip and then come to a screeching halt two pounds from your goal? Weird.

Gotta run to a meeting.

No comments: