Thursday, June 15, 2006

Speak for yourself

My progress is JUST like spam (yummmmm.... spam....). Anyway- This week my weight is creeping back up. I guess it might be influanced by my pending period. Wait - no - that wouldn't be it. I just had it on May 25th and today is only the 15th. Ummm - it could be my lack of exercise. I DID go to the gym on Monday - but not since yet. I painted my front door on Sunday - but otherwise I haven't exercised. I made a pan on Brownies on Sunday and they lasted until yesterday. That is pretty good - especially since Laura ate about a third of them. Oh yeah - that is probably it. Too many brownies!!!! Yesterday I ate NOTHING but crap... mixed nuts, caramel macchiato, those new Hershey's 100 calorie snack packs (Snacksters or something like that... there are Reeses ones too). Then I went to Bonefish with Heather where I had my normal salad and crab cake appetizer with two martinis. Yeah - that was probably about a 2500 calorie day. Man!!! Well - looking at my chart that is definitely my worst day in a long, long time. It is not unusual for me to pass 12oo calories - but I don't usually go as high as 1600 - let alone 2600!!! It was the mixed nuts that did it. It was a little tiny can (6 ozs) - but they were 160 per serving and there were six servings in the can... and over the course of the day I ate the whole can!!!!!!!! That is almost a 1000 calories right there. No more nuts for me!!

Melanie at work has been having a similar but opposite problem. She was just out sick for the past week with a pretty serious virus. During the course of this the doctors discovered that she has lost 12 pounds in 6 months. However, Melanie is very underweight to begin with. So - that didn't help her sickness. Anyway - she is under strick orders to completely overhaul her diet too. She is basically having the same but opposite problem than me (opposite build). She doesn't think about food and so doesn't eat well. Me - I end up eating bad food that makes me fat. She eats bad food that she gets no nutrition from. (Her main food source is fast food in the middle of the day - my main food source is junk food late at night.) I told her she has to start strictly planning her meals and thinking about food all of the time. It is hard and a pain!!! I told her to set goals for herself and reward herself when she reaches them.

No comments: