Friday, June 23, 2006

Flax will keep you regular

Yesterday I went to the gym!! Yippee!! Finally! It actually wasn't too bad. I only did 5 minutes on the treadmill to warm up and then 7 to cool down. The intent of my new program is that in addition to toning the more reps keeps my heart rate up. It does I can attest to that. I was out of breath and sweating by the time I got to the abs portion of the program. However, doing the 8 minutes less (total) on the treadmill gave me enough time to get changed and back to work in just 80 minutes. This makes a difference to me. I don't mind taking a slightly longer lunch - but if it is more than 75 minutes then I feel really guilty. If I do a 45 minute work out I can make it back in the right amount of time (15 minutes each end to change and drive). Anyway I did go early (noon-ish instead of 11am) and so then I was stinky sweaty all afternoon (my schedule doesn't allow enough time to shower).

I left work early last night to meet Mom and Dad at Boordy to arrange for the organic farm thing. We had such a good time. We drank a bottle of wine and ate some organic rosemary, sourdough bread. Sally Gordon's parents (Sally and I were classmates at Mercy) were working there. It was very nice. I bought a loaf of whole wheat, flax and sunflower seed bread. I joked that it will keep you regular. I had a piece for breakfast and sure enough at 10am I was ready to visit the potty. 8-)

Charles and I went out afterward supposedly for sushi. However, I was on the phone with Sarah on the way there - and was functioning on automatic pilot and ended up turning into Bonefish. I ordered grilled salmon and a salad of which I ate about three bites. I really wasn't hungry. I brought the leftovers for lunch today. Oh!! I also bought some organic granola bars from the bakery. I ended up eating one of those last night before I went to bed. Maybe that is what made my potty trip necessary.

I almost didn't bring my gym bag with me today. I was thinking that since I worked out yesterday I didn't need to today. Sigh. I should do a stint on the treadmill (my finger slipped and I wrote stink on the treadmill... hee hee). I will make an effort to go when Kristy gets back - but I also have to go to the bank and that will probably take my whole lunch period. (Darn!) But Sarah and I are going to the SB convention tomorrow, so I probably won't work out at home. Maybe I should move the furniture so I CAN work out at home if I need to. Yeah - maybe after my Tastefully Simple party tonight I will do that.

Speaking of which - I will be forcing you all to attend a Tastefully Simple party - probably towards the end of July. My neighbor Danielle is a consultant and I told her I would do a party for her when Katie gets back. I am thinking July 19th.

No comments: