Tuesday, June 29, 2010

You're all giving me your weight!

OK, maybe I didn't gain ALL your weight, but the three of you lost and I'm up significantly! I'm at 150.0. In our eight-day trip to Alabama (8-night, really 9-day, with two days lost in driving) I went running three times (though one of them ought to count for three or four days of exercise!) and ate terribly -- we went to the Melting Pot, to the movies (with popcorn!) twice, to Carrabbas (post-movie, and I ate pizza, so it's not like I went for something lean, and then I ate my leftovers for two days), and to Red Lobster (don't order the jambalaya -- it's really not any good. I ate the whole blasted portion over two meals, though). And in between I ate home cookin'. I came home feeling completely gross and lacking in energy.

I did try to get back on track when we got back; I'm eating a little less, but not tracking my calories yet -- though by not tracking I make it easier to cave in and eat a whole pile of tortilla chips, like I did last night. But I haven't had beer (and there's plenty in the fridge) and I'm not eating a lot of junk food. I made chocolate chip-marshmallow-banana bread on Sunday (the marshmallows were Cecilia's idea, and sounded good to me, but they melted and you can't really tell they were there) and have only had one slice. But my weight has been creeping up steadily over the last month or so, so I'm probably going to have to get more aggressive than just forgoing a slice of banana bread.

I've had NO enthusiasm for exercise, though; I called the gym yesterday and couldn't get an appointment, and did I go out on my own? Of course not! Less than 3,600 steps on the day. Today I got an appointment and put in 4 miles on the treadmill (making up for the run I missed on Saturday or Sunday), but I can't get anything on the schedule for the rest of the week because of conflicts. So on Thursday I'll go for a run in the neighborhood and on Sunday morning I'm going for the 14 mile run. I should probably go for a walk on Friday. I wish Cecilia were up for a bike ride, but we haven't made any progress on the bike with her yet, not even with training wheels.

No comments: