Friday, June 04, 2010

Come run with me and you'll have fun ... and a challenge

Yeah, have fun laughing your butts off at my bouncy bouncy running form.

So yes, I went running again this morning. Here's my plan right now -- pick a spot to start and finish and push myself to do that. No watches or mileage measuring. Just run. Then walk some, too.

On top of that I've got a batch of exercises I'm doing -- planks, bicycle sit ups, bicep curls, shoulder presses, etc. I put a few different ones together (groups of 3 work well) and do two sets of 10 or 12. Then if I can only do one group of 3 exercises I can focus on those three.

I'm actually feeling pretty good. I've avoided running because of my knees but, so far, they and my hip feel good. Yay! I really think my hip problem has come from inactivity.

Also I'm wondering if any of you have tried jump roping. I've done it as part of my workouts and it is hard. It's one of the best calorie burners out there. So if you need a routine that's fast and a calorie killer give it a try. I've got some routines that don't involve "Made a mistake and kissed a snake how many doctors did it take?" I have to admit elementary school rhymes are helpful in blocking out the pain.

I've got an early morning Saturday with the farmers market then dinner with some of my TC friends. We'll miss you Sarah. Then Sunday I want to ride the bike. I recently bought a new pump to get enough pressure into my tires so I hope it doesn't rain. Argh.

Also -- I have an idea -- seems like we all get into routines and get a bit bored or frustrated or whatever. So I wanted to see what everyone thinks about trying something new this summer. I've never done a yoga or pilates class even though I have books for them. I've also wanted to check out one of those rock climbing focused gyms. Just a thought for fun and focus!

Everyone keep up the good work and try not to wake up your neighbors! haha


1 comment:

Amy said...

I have tried jumping rope. Back when we first started this blog I thought "Wow! I should jump rope. I used to be SO GOOD at it!" (I was the fifth grade champion...) I used to spend my whole lunch periods jumping rope. Anyway - I don't know what happened in the intervening 30 years, but apparently MY body is gone and has been replaced with that of this middle aged person who OBVIOUSLY has never jumped rope. It was SO hard!!! I need to get a pogo stick for fat people. I found pogo sticking was still as much fun as it used to be - only, I am afraid of the equipment...