Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Well That's Disappointing

I lost no weight this past week. I was the exact same weight this week as last week. I guess that isn't too much of a surprise. I really thought the bulk of my weight loss the last week or two was because of my period ending. Well, I thought that for the the first week - last week I actaully thought that I might have lost some real weight. I guess it WAS real weight, because I didn't gain it back this week, however, I thought that since I was being very careful monintoring my intake vs. my burning I would see weight loss. I guess I was hoping to be proven wrong. I know all along I have been saying that based on what I was consuming and what the CHARTS say I should be buring, I should have lost weight - however, I didn't. So - now based on the monitor I have been wearing all month - I can see that I am burning considerably more than I am consuming. The past seven days I had an average deficit of 729 calories per day. You are supposed to burn 250 calories per day to equal a half a pound per week weight loss. So, I should have seen between a pound and a pound and a half weight loss this week. And I didn't.

Maybe today is just a bad day. I will weigh in again tomorrow just to make sure. I don't want to get caught in the weighing myself obsessively trap again, and so I haven't weighed since last Tuesday. However, I have been queasy for the past two days - so maybe my body is retaining (more) water or something. I was up sick for quite some time on Sunday night, so if anything I would have thought I was NOT retaining anything. I don't know.

Anyway - I have continued with my salads for lunch habit. I have actually been enjoying them lately - although, I think that was a strong contributor to my sickness on Sunday night. I need to get more sleep. I am averaging just over six hours per night - which, being an average, is much less than that most nights since I usually do close to 9 hours on weekends. However, this past weekend I only got 4:17 on Friday night since I went to be very late and then the workmen next door started up at 7:30am. AND I had a restless night. I am feeling very groggy now. I got just about 6 hours last night.

And exercise. I need more exercise.

No comments: