Monday, June 07, 2010

Ow. Ow.

This past weekend was Encampment with the Girl Scouts. It was a lot of fun! It was incredibly hot and humid - and it seems like every time we had to be somewhere it involved a steep hill. I have bruises all over my body (I am not sure why that is, I don't remember actually banging anything - it may have been from sleeping on the lumpy ground...), I have a blister on my big toe, and my calves and lower back are VERY tight and sore - but otherwise I feel pretty good. I wasn't as tired at the end of this weekend as I was in the fall, and yet we did a whole lot more I think. I did go to bed last night at 9:45 - which I think I really needed. I slept great. I woke up several times, but had no problem falling back to sleep.

I started wearing my GoWearFit last night. I probably SHOULD have worn it over the weekend - but it only arrived on Thursday and I didn't have the time to figure it out before we left on Friday - so I waited until I got home.

I am only going to count one official weight each day - and that is on Tuesday - but I can't help weighing periodically in between... I was up from Tuesday on Thursday, but then today I was three pounds down from that Thursday weight. I just hope it stays that way for tomorrow - official weigh in day for the week.

I keep telling my self that starting to exercise again is like quitting smoking... Each time I went back to smoking after stopping for a month or two, I had to start the process ALL over, and the beginning phase was always the hardest. So, exercise is the same way - it is hardest to get the ball rolling. Yes, I am more gung-ho about it - but it HURTS so much more in the beginning...

Katie and I had no eggs or bread this morning, so my food schedule is already off...

No comments: