Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another day

The weekend was rough for exercise; we had so much going on. Then last night I had an advisory board meeting for the program I teach for at CCBC and that lasted until 10 pm.

Tonight I am hoping to work up the courage to go to the Body Pump class at the gym. I've never done that one before, and group exercise classes tend to be insanely intimidating to me. The new schedule starts today so it will be a new routine. The one thing that could mess it up is that I am in the middle of a major panic regarding my portable hard drive...I think I left it at school last week. At least I hope I did, and I hope it is still there. If that is lost forever...well..I just don't even want to think about that.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I used to go to Body Pump when we were at our first gym in Blacksburg. It was very intimidating to walk in the door because you need to figure out all the equipment in a hurry, but the instructors have always been very helpful. Once the class gets started it's really a great one -- you feel like you're working hard but not generally knocking yourself flat (unless you overestimated your weight capabilities), but at the end you've used everything you've got. It has never fit my schedule at our current gym, but I would totally be willing to go back to Body Pump!

I also find group exercise classes very intimidating, though. Going regularly to the Body Step class this spring was a good experience for me -- I realized that most of the people are just normal people like me, not super-fit ones, and that most people aren't hanging around judging how terrible you are because they're worrying about how terrible they are (though I still think I'm worse than average on the coordination scale for people in group exercise classes!).

Ask St. Anthony to help you find the hard drive -- he's awesome!!

Amy said...

I did one body pump class when the first introduced it at Merritt when I was going there. I loved it - but never went back. I don't mind group exercise once I find my niche. The hardest thing for me is to walk into the class the first time - and maybe the second time - but after that I am fine.