Monday, June 07, 2010

So this is what I get....

....for my low mileage week last week. I ended up exercising only twice, then went to Encampment where you pretty much spend the whole weekend eating--ice cream social, Pop Tarts for breakfast, big lunch, snack, big dinner, s'mores, more Pop Tarts, then eggs and biscuits and sausage for brunch, then home where you're too tired to do anything more than pull the smelly clothes out of the bags and dump them in the basement so you order pizza for dinner. I was only able to eat one piece after everything else I ate all weekend. A couple of years ago I wore my pedometer to Encampment and figured that I walked about 9.5 miles on Saturday (or maybe across the whole weekend?) but that was back when we were camping further away from things--our current campsite is more centrally located so there wasn't nearly so much walking involved.

So the end result is that I was back up over 147 this morning. Some of that, at least, is water weight--my fingers are puffy around my rings--but I don't think I have nearly three pounds of water weight. I'm also kind of scared that with four days off with no exercise at all it'll be hard to get back to it today. I'm planning a run at lunch today (thank goodness for cooler, less humid weather!) so we'll see how it goes. I wonder if I can lose three pounds today?

1 comment:

Amy said...

See, now, I didn't eat the ice cream, or the pop-tarts, or the doughnuts. I only had one s'more, and one other marshmallow. I also don't think any of our meals were particularly large, and I drank nothing but water and a cup of coffee... It was the number of PROCESSED foods that were the problem. All that sodium. That makes you retain water.