Monday, June 14, 2010

Arm Band

I forgot to wear my armband last night. You are supposed to wear it overnight and you are supposed to not have it on for more than 23 hours straight... Which makes it tricky, because the logical time to take it off is when you are not doing anything - which is usually right before you go to bed. So, last night I forgot to put it back on. I am frustrated by this because it tracks your sleep patterns, which I find facinating. You can see all the times you wake up... I need to try it without my breathing mask, and see if I wake up more often. I wonder how it does it... Maybe all it is tracking is when you are restless. One night this past weekend, it had me awake for like a half an hour in the middle of the night - and I have no memory of that. Anyway, last night I noticed my arm twitching around the band. I started thinking that maybe I should read more about how the thing works (which I haven't yet done) so maybe a night off isn't a bad thing...

I packed my own salad today. I have been buying salads everyday for the past week or so - which gets to be expensive. I kept thinking that I should make my own up... but I like interesting salads, with stuff in it. So, last night I packed three salads in bowls - with lettuce, blueberries, strawberries, toasted almonds, and fresh mozzerella - and little containers of raspberry vinagrette. It is good. The lettuce is really tough and kind of bitter, which is annoying - and so it isn't QUITE as good as the version of this salad that Santoni's sells - but it isn't bad.

Katie is done for the summer - which means I have to cook my own breakfast. Last summer I didn't at all and it was REALLY bad. However, this year - over the past few weeks Katie had conflicts in the morning (going in late, retreats, concerts, overslept, etc.) so there were several days that I was cooking breakfast - which was a good thing, because it wasn't so hard for me to do it today. I decided too that I had to get off to a good start so no matter what, I had to cook today. So I did, and it was good.

I didn't exercise yesterday. I intended to. Sam Schaefer and I were going to go walking first thing in the morning - but by the time we were up and about it was too stinking hot! Then she called two seconds after I went to the grocery store last night to see if I wanted to walk with her and a friend to The Cow (wouldn't have been worth it to walk just enough to consume an Italian ice...). Then Katie and I ate dinner - and I packed my salads - and the evening was pretty much over. I didn't remember exercise until I got up this morning and thought "Now, this morning would be nice for a walk..." So, I am back to my no excuses effective today.

No comments: