Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Oy, the hills!

Instead of running at lunch yesterday and then running errands on my way home, I switched it around and went for a run after work so that I could run on the triathlon race course at Centennial Park. I hadn't done that course since the race last year, and I had conveniently forgotten how hilly it is! Of course I knew it, but my mind was remembering the two bad hills and one deceptive hill and forgetting the rolling terrain for the rest of the route. Overall I didn't do too badly, though. Or at least I managed to run (jog/trot) all but two portions of the route (one small section on the first bad hill and a longer one on the second bad hill). My pace was slow, though--10:27 per mile--and my muscles are sore today, which might have as much to do with taking three days off over the weekend and not stretching well after the run as it does with the hills.

I'm off to the pool in a half an hour--my only swim this week (yay!). I'm thinking of switching up my training so that I swim only once a week instead of twice (this week is just because I don't have the time) and I add a run or ride to the training instead. It's not just because I hate swimming, but also because no matter how much I swim I don't seem to get any better or faster, so what's the point?

No comments: