Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Down Again

Thank goodness. I would have been really annoyed had my weight NOT been down this week - because, as I said, according to my armband I have had an average calorie deficit of about 850 each day. However, yesterday, it wasn't so good. I have pretty consistantly burned about 2600 calories per day - but yesterday it was only about 2400. Then, I ate more than I usually do. Not a lot more, but we had welcome orientation yesterday, so there was left over breakfast foods. I had mostly the fruit - but half of a cinnamon roll (the bready kind, not the gooey, sticky kind) and a bottle of grapefruit "beverage". Those two combined pushed my sugars for the day way over and left me with only a 400 calorie deficit.

I once again let the day get away without exercising. I really need to walk, or go to the gym, during the day. By the time I get home at night it is WAY too hard to get motivated, and kind of too late to do anything. Last night Katie had dinner ready almost as soon as I got home - so we ate. And then while we were still digesting Sam called and needed help picking out paint colors for her kitchen. I love Sam, and I love picking paint colors, but the two combined is torture. She wanted to do green, but the counter tops they have picked just don't look good with green - or at least not the shade that she was looking at. I kept saying she needed to go with a warm golden color - almost tan - but she really wanted green. So I found a green that didn't look too awful and she was hummmming over it. She totally understood that the green needed to be much darker to offset the counter - but she was afraid it would be too dark against the floor (which she didn't have a sample of, so that made it harder...). Finally, I said - if it were me, here is what I would do - and pulled out a beautiful gold tan (August Moon) and a DARK blood red (Crabby Apple) and a bright white. And said to do the red below the chair rail (on one and a half walls) the tan everywhere else, and the bright white on the trim (base boards, chair rail, crown molding and door frame). She loved that. So did Mike. So I left - at 10:30pm. This morning I got a message from her saying that she still loves the colors, but isn't sure about the tan. Sigh. She is over thinking it... She needs to just make the decision and be happy with it.

So I think I need to walk first thing this morning... only I am afraid of my ankles hurting again. Maybe I will do my shin exercises and the heel raises and see how it goes...

No comments: