Friday, June 11, 2010

Hula hoop!

Yesterday was my "hula-hoop-a-thon" with the Girl Scouts and I fully intended to not participate. Every time I've tried to hula hoop in adulthood I've succeeded only in looking like a total dork and not being able to keep the hoop up.

But yesterday I succeeded in looking like a dork AND in hula hooping for a while. I was so pleased with myself that I kept going for ten minutes or so (it fell a few times during that ten minutes - unlike a couple of the other kids who could keep going all day probably), then decided that it counted as my exercise for the day.

Two other moms were also successful--we all attribute it to the new hoops I got, which are water filled and seemed to stay up better than the cheapy empty ones.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ooooh! Fun! I haven't hula-hoooped in YEARS. Of course, I am not sure if a hula hoop would fit around my hula hips...

Julie S said...

On a cruise once Marian Batton's niece hula hooped her way to the grand prize. The cruise director kept adding hoops and I think she got somewhere into the 20s before they fell.