Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I hate weighing in after a long weekend.

I was insanely productive this weekend--I finished the cardboard boat, organized all of my Girl Scout paperwork, helped set up the pavilion (which didn't make it through the winter very well--we're going to have to get new walls for it soon), made vats of vermilion face paint, made a bunch of swaps for Encampment, cleaned up all of the corners of the house where clutter accumulates, bought all of the last minute things we need for Encampment, sewed a year's worth of patches on Claire's vest, finally got plants put out in the garden, finally packed away all of the winter clothes (hey, we were wearing them until last week!), and did all of the laundry (and put it away! That's a small miracle to not be living out of laundry baskets this week!).

What I didn't do was exercise or watch my diet. I wanted to go out on a long ride yesterday but decided my time would be better spent with scout stuff--that all has to be done in the next couple of weeks and I don't have any more days off before our awards ceremony and year end reports. So this is going to be a low mileage week--I'll get in workouts today, tomorrow and Thursday, but on Friday I'm at an off site meeting in the morning and early afternoon and then leaving for camp.

My food was also awful this weekend--pancakes and bacon, hamburgers and chips, ice cream, lots of snacks--all the usual holiday weekend stuff and I didn't hold back in any way.

So I was shocked that my weight today was down from last week by a small amount (I was 145 this morning). It wasn't the lowest I've seen (I was into the upper 144 range late last week), but at least it wasn't a gain! If I can maintain this over the next couple of really busy weeks I'll be happy, and then I can start focusing on losing again over the summer.

No comments: