Wednesday, June 02, 2010

You know what I would love?

I mean besides to magically lose 100 pounds and to be suddenly in great shape? I would LOVE it if vegetables didn't make me sick!! In the past four years or so I have started to LIKE vegetables. Some of them I REALLY like - but invariably the make me sick to my stomach. Oh, not right away - usually it takes about 2 to 6 hours to kick in. Which means if I had them for dinner I am awakened in the middle of the night.

Yesterday I was SO GOOD - mostly. I had 6 servings of fruits and vegetables (I had counted to seven yesterday, but now I only remember six - grapefruit juice, grapes, apple slices, veggies in my risotto and a double whammy of green beans. At 4:11 I woke up and purged it all. My question is, do you have to count the calories if they go straight through to the toilet? BUT - since it was twice my normal amounts of fruits and vegetables, I continued to be sick through the morning. Sigh. I am back at it though. Right now I am eating a giant green salad with strawberries and blueberries, almonds and fresh mozzerella (which I can't spell for anything). It is already making me cramp up. Sigh. It is very tasty though.

I did another 10 minute DVD last night - and made it the whole 10 minutes this time. Although, I seriously considered quitting at 8 again. I wore shoes this time, but my ankles were still killing me. They were killing me in yoga too.

I started thinking how much better at yoga I would be if I was thinner. I mean, there are many poses that I am pretty good at - but I keep thinking that if my belly, breasts and thighs weren't in the way I would be much better at ALL of the poses (except maybe plank - my wrists really can't take that...).

I have decided to start chewing gum again. I am pretty sure my triple chins aren't because I stopped chewing gum, but it might help to tone up all of those layers.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Given that vegetables have next to no calories to begin with (I swear it takes more calories to chew carrots than you get from them!) I think they all pretty much count for zero.

Good for you for getting through all ten minutes of the video! The shoes aren't going to make much of a different for your ankles--unless you're wearing high tops they aren't really designed for ankle support. I learned some ankle strengthening exercises from my PT last year, though, that you might want to do so you don't injure yourself.

Emily said...

I predict that chewing gum won't make a difference in muscle tone, but it's still good for a diet. You can't eat something without thinking about it when you're chewing gum -- it forces a mental and physical effort. And my dentist chews gum regularly, because it's good for your teeth. So it can't hurt!